Friday, October 06, 2006

Secret Pal 9

Thought I should do at least one of these Secret Pal thingies. So here is my questionnaire...........and my answers as of a Friday afternoon after a v..e..r..y long week at work.


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? LOVE wool and silk and sea silk and of course, cashmere. HATE crunchy acrylics. And really really thick yarns. Not wild about thick and thin stuff either.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? My dps are in a metal pencil case that looks like an Egyptian tomb. My circulars hang in a fabric holder in the closet. And everything else is in a tool box (I have a lot of needles)

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since I was a kid-first sweater-I was about 13 or 14. I design as well. I would say I am advanced-never met anything I couldn't knit.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Nope. Should I?

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) I have so many contact allergies that I no longer use scented anything. But candles-can't miss with spicy "fall" scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Is the Pope Catholic? Of course I have sweet tooth. I love white chocolate (get migraines with brown chocolate)-white almond bark is a fave. I also like Jelly Belly jelly beans.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? Don't spin-but I paint. Watercolours, mostly.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)My car plays MP3s. I like blues, Bonnie Raitt, currently wanting the music from the Wedding Date movie.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? I love pinks and reds and purples, as well as greens. I wear a lot of black. Recently decided I like dark brown. Don't wear beige or blue (think I got scared by something blue as a kid!!!!!!)

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?I am married with a daughter (Annie-8) I recently had to put my much loved dog down (still hurts)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves, wraps, hats, mitts, gloves-YES! Ponchos-no-I find I look too much like a table with a table cloth.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Anything once. Rarely knit anything twice. I like textured knits, too.

13. What are you knitting right now? Oh-6 sweaters and 1 scarf. (Okay okay-I can't commit)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yup. But useful things, not merely decorative.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circs are my choice, bamboo and aluminum, depending on what I am knitting. Wood, too.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, and yes.

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Oh-let me see- about 2 years old. It is a sweater made out of self patterning sock yarn.

18. What is your favorite holiday? CHRISTMAS!

19. Is there anything that you collect? Um-yes, actually. Odd pins and brooches.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I currently subscribe to Knitters, Vogue, Interweave Knits, Cast On and Creative knitting. But I am re thinking some of them. I am currently craving some of the Horst Schultz stuff, or Morehouse Knits, or Dazzling Knits. (the modular stuff)

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? toe up socks.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes- I wear a size 10 shoe (ladies) and I don't like a really high leg. But we can get more personal if needed.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) February 10th


posted by Deb, all answers subject to change if I can think of something better, but I will post if I change any answers!

No comments: