Sunday, October 22, 2006

Okay- I think I have it now....


I am still giggling over the dalmation suit for Bear- talk about a case of confused identity! Anyhow- I think I have it now- I am making it out of a lovely bricky-red tweed -Patons Shetland Chunky. I am such a sucker for tweed- I adore the Rowanspun Tweeds-they have such life and light in their colourways. And Patons- well, it is getting better. I have always been a huge fan of Patons Classic- it is exactly that-great stitch definition, wears well, felts beautifully. I have found, in the past, that Shetland Chunky tended to pill-so this is a small experiment. Anyhow- back to the sweater-look at that yarn- it has flecks of all kinds of colours- and that rich, deep red-really something. It will look great on a poodle. Have you noticed, by the way, that many people, upon seeing a standard poodle, will refer to the dog as a "she"? When questioned, they say "Oh, I just assume all poodles are girls- they are so pretty!" or "I just can't imagine this big poodle being a boy." I was never great at biology, but in order to keep a species going, doesn't one need both genders? Just saying. So the sweater is underway- a sporty model- knit up in seed stitch rib-show off that tweed well. Pictures when I have something to show (other than a red blob on the needles)
Have a good week-the goblins will soon be here!!!!!! (Hmm- and what should Bear be? A. is going to be a black cat, so is her friend form next door-2 black cats and a white dog???? I actually tried the cat ears on him- they looked way cool!)

3 comments:

Leanne said...

That will make a very handsome, masculine sweater for Bear. That should put an end to the gender confustion. :-)

People are funny with dogs - Mine is a German Shephered/Border Collie mix and everybody always assumes she's a boy dog. I guess the Shepherd look seems tough and masculine.

lesley said...

hahahha. a catdog. but would he have to chase himself???

and i've been eyeing that black shetland tweed. i love tweed too. sad to hear that it pills. you'll have to let me know how it wears ok?

miss ewe said...

Good choice. I knew he was a boy the moment I saw him. Only boys flirt with faces like that. He's trouble, for sure...