Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Bear's New Duds



Since it is getting colder around these parts (we have already had snow- but it didn't stick), I thought I should get started on a sweater for Bear. So, a little stash diving later-out comes a few balls of Mondial Merino Plus. This is awesome stuff- 52% merino, 48% acrylic (yes, I know, I am not an acrylic lover, but the acrylic in this yarn is hard to spot- it is so soft and easy care!) The colourway I have is 238 -see it up there? It is a black/white/bit of blue mix. Sure- that would work-a bit of red around the neck and legs- it would look great! Instead, it looks like dalmation fur!!! A little Cruella de Ville!!!!!!!!!!I just CAN'T put a dalmation coat on a standard poodle! So back into the stash it goes! I actually have 10 balls of it (1250 meters) -some knit up and then reballed. Any ideas of what to do with it? Anyone interested in it? (I am always up for a sale or a trade!) Email me - deb(dot)sean(at)sympatico(dot)com) - but take out the brackets and the words and put the right symbols in-if you are interested!

4 comments:

miss ewe said...

That's hilarious. A HUNDRED AND *ONE*!
No, you can't put that on Bear...

Leanne said...

Oh, I don't know. Perhaps not as an every-day coat, but dressing Bear up as Cruella would be great for Hallowe'en!

lesley said...

if it were knit into longer seciotns say a human sized sweater is twould stripe more and look less dalmationy. i dunno though...

Mandy said...

Hmm. I think I like that yarn, you could do some cool things with it - add a dash of irony, you know. Let me think if I have anything to trade (assuming it's not gone already)... :)

Perhaps I am a sucker for the black and the white.