Sunday, October 08, 2006

Okay- how many of you had bets out there??????

This is Bear. My Standard Poodle. I just adore him. He is just 14 months old, and was "previously owned". A lady had bought him to become her service dog (she is disabled, and needed a large dog to help her) But he didn't get as big as planned. And apparently has the kind of personality that suits a family member more than a working dog. So we went to Toronto last night, and met him, and the owners met us, and everyone agreed that it was a good match.


He bonded immediately with A., the 8 year old. In fact, he sat on her lap all the way home (He thinks he is a bit smaller than he actually is) And he slept with her for awhile last night. And this morning, when we got up, he bounced in and treated us like we were his very best friends. I just love him!
And he is not a replacement for my sweet Bouf- he is very different, both in size and temperament.
PS_I am thinking of calling him Dave. He doesn't answer to Bear, so I wonder if I should just go ahead and change it?

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh good heavens, what a sweet face!!! Congratulations to all of you. :)

Leanne said...

Oh, he's precious! I have a soft spot for standard poodles - they are so smart and generally have such lovely dispositions! I'm sure he'll make a wonderful addition to your family. As for the name, he looks kind of like a Bear to me.

Diane said...

We're so much alike...we lasted 4 days before we had a puppy. Gypsy is an 80 pound Airedale and also has no idea how large she is (and also loves to cuddle).

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, what a cutie he is, such a sweet and friendly face! That's definitely a great decision that you made - congratulations!

Peg-woolinmysoup said...

Looks like you have a friend there. Dogs soon adapt to a name change, especially if food is involved.

miss ewe said...

Oh, he IS cute. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Well, what a great dog. Good for you, Deb. I am sure he will be a part of the family in no time at all.