Thursday, October 26, 2006

I do love being a Secret Pal

I had not "done" a lot of the SecretPal things, until recently. I have taken part in the KnitSock Kit Swap- loved the giving and the getting. Same with the Funky Scarf Swap-it was really great. Now I am involved in the Secret Pal 9 thing-and this is really looking good. So far, I have a package ready to go (my "pal" is going to be away for a week or so, and let me know that there wasn't anyone to pick up packages, so I am waiting a bit before I send). I guess she likes duller colours for herself-so I put together a Fleece Artist sock or mitten kit in burgundies (the kit with the mohair), and some sock yarn (some hand dyed merino from ebay) that has the same colours in it. And some other little goodies. I like making the package look really cool. And this week- I GOT A PACKAGE from MY pal. Oh my-how spoiled can a girl get? Some stunning sock yarn with some stretch in it(new to me- can hardly wait to get my hands on it)-and she dyed it herself! How cool is that? Burnt oranges, some ivory, and just a touch of Shrek green. My kind of thing. And she also included two balls of Paintbox-a self striping yarn (all wool)- in predominately blues and greens with a dash of rose-yeah, I am utterly phobic about blue- rarely wear it (must have been scared by something blue as a baby!)-but I think it would make a great entrelac hat. I'll post pictures on the weekend- blogger has been a bit dicey of late-and I don't feel up to fighting with it. More later........................

2 comments:

Samantha said...

It sounds like both the gift you're giving and the gift you were given are awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you really liked everything!! Glad to hear that the package was a hit. FYI - the next package that I send you will be completely different. Different colors, yarn blends, and gauge. Variety is the spice of life right?

Hope you like it. I will be putting it in the mail within the next two weeks.