Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday morning.....

Not much to report. We went up to Ottawa yesterday (my husband had to drop off some paperwork to the Ministry of Transport-the airplane stuff). I knit on Big Blue- think I might reknit the sleeves- I would like a tighter gauge. This sweater has been knit and reknit so often that it is starting to seem like I have knit two sweaters! We stopped off and had lunch at the inlaws in Kemptville. AND got our Christmas present (last Christmas)-a hand made quilt! Wait until you see it-it is absolutely stunning. I will take a picture of it and post it. The background is black-and the centre part is mitred squares with a bit of metallic in the fabrics. Stunning. We also spent some time in the Ottawa IKEA. Geesh I love that store-and if we had a local one, I know where I would spend my money! We didn't buy a whole lot (space issues in the SUV). The biggest purchase was a folding stool for my classroom (I need to look like I am still standing, but I need to sit-hence-tall stool). We did get a stuffed rat for the Boufmeister- he stayed with Nana, and has started to expect gifts when he is left on his own. He liked it- snuggled it last night in bed (yeah- we have a spoiled pooch-but I believe that if you are going to get a dog, then treat it like a family member-nothing gets me more riled up than when a family gets a dog and then ties it up outside all day-sometimes all night, too) (and then says that the dog prefers it that way) (for the love of Mike)-Must run- A. is having a friend over for a splash in the pool-must go help her tidy up her room a bit in case of rain-Ta!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Hello, how are you? Great blog you have. Keep it up!

Take a look at my blog. It’s about the Lemon Law that really is very interesting for lots of people. If you’re not interested in the Lemon Law check out the links at my blog, for example Africa Photos or Paris Photos:

Lemon Law Free Advice

If you like one of these blogs you can link to them by clicking “blog this” at the top of the blog.

Enjoy!

Samantha said...

Hey Deb, I got your square today! Thanks! :)