Saturday, June 17, 2006

Sock Kit Swap Questionnaire

Questionnaire for Knit Sock Kit Swap:
What are your favorite colors? Almost any thing with the exception of beige and cream.(Translation- I do like me some colour!)
Are you a new sock knitter? No
How long have you been knitting socks?Over 10 years
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn?Multi-colored (of course!)
What fibers do you prefer in sock yarn? Wool, silk- but please! no acrylic (yucky sweaty feet in acrylic), have found that I don't like hand knit cotton socks much
Where do you usually knit socks? Wherever is appropriate- in the car (as a passenger, of course), in front of the tube, while proctoring exams at school (I am a teacher), wherever!
How do you usually carry/store small projects? funky bags that I can wear across my body or hang on one shoulder
What are your favorite sock knitting patterns? Top down .
What are your favorite sock knitting techniques?Pretty well open to anything- from the sublime to the ridiculous
What new techniques would you like to try? Those afterthought heels
Do you prefer circulars or dpns for sock knitting? DPNs, unless I am using my special very short, size 2.5mm Addi circular (but I have to do the toes on dpns)
What are some of your favorite yarns? I love unique, one of a kind yarns from small businesses. Otherwise, Koigu, Lorna's Laces, Fleece Artist, Apple Laine
What yarn do you totally covet? Art Yarns (borrowed that from ZeNeedle)
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? Money and time are to be considered???????
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? My little Addi circs, or metal dpns
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Probably be wildly coloured, but may have a whole bunch of knots and snarls in it (but be unexpectedly soft)
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? I cannot eat chocolate, but most other things work for me-sweet or salty
What’s your favorite animal? Dogs and monkeys
Do you have pets? Yes
What are their species/names/ages?Mr. Boufu Butterscotch is a schnoodle (part schnauzer, part poodle) and he is 11
If you were a color what color would you be? Pink- the colour of my neck during my early menopause!!!!!!! (Now that sounds like too much information!)
Describe your favorite shirt (yours or someone else’s). It is a shirt of my husband's- fine Egyptian cotton, cream and blue stripes, very very long, I have to roll the sleeves up when I wear it, button down collar, extra buttons in the cuff (mother of pearl buttons)
What is your most inspiring image, flower, or object in nature? Wild water, calm water, deep water, trickling water, thunderstorms, early spring rains
Tell me the best quote you've ever heard or read. If you can't say something nice, shhh say nothing.
Do you have a wishlist?No.

Any other questions you need answered, secret pal- just ask!

No comments: