Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The knee problem has been solved!



For those of you who know me, I have had knee problems for years. So- last March-I had a total knee replacement. I am young to have one, but, as the doctor said, "You got yourself 90 year old knees." Initially, I had some trouble, then it was doing really well. Up until about two weeks ago. First they thought I had blown a clot. That was negative. Then what? Finally, the knee was drained a cortisone shot was administered-today, it doesn't feel half bad. Aparently, doc felt this was a bleed into the joint, caused by....exercise. Because I was doing well, the physio, as trained, increased the load and the reps on my knee exercises (I don't blame her- she was doing the right thing) Unfortunately, the knee could not take it. So- back to slow down, take it easy, keep it up, ice it, walk with the cane again.
Blah. Blah. Triple blah.
So...I will leave you with a picture of my knitting buddy, my market boy(went to the open air market yesterday), my constant companion, on this first day of summer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

boufie is so cute, and innocent in that picture.

Deb said...

Yeah, but we both know better!!!!!!! he just looks sweet and innocent!