Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I won I won I won!

Yep- little old me, who rarely wins much of anything- I was the 201 st commenter over at KnittnFool (here- http://missscarlett.wordpress.com/) and I am getting some yarn for my trouble! Gotta love that!
The chair is off to get photographed for the event-it still needs a bit of a clear coat on top of it-but that will come-next week's job-
I ended up putting a quote from Henry Van Dyke on the bottom of it- "Be glad of life because it gives you the chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars." Kinda says it all for me.
The baby hats have been a huge hit-people are asking me if I take orders right left and centre. I never really know quite what to say- it's like saying- thank you for the compliment, but I am a busy girl. Ya know? How do you folks handle it? By the way, I quoted outrageous prices for a baby hat- they didn't even BLINK!

5 comments:

knitting gal from gaspe said...

good for you deb. it is always nice to win something

Anonymous said...

Your chair is going to be famous my dear : ) And you deserve to win the yarn! Yea Deb!

Samantha said...

Congrats on the win!

Diane said...

I can't wait to see the finished chair. Congrats on the win. As far as taking orders...take the money, knit the wee little hat and support your yarn habit!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! It's so much fun to win.

Wow, that chair is just amazing.

Bear is so cute! Well, The Girl too, but Bear! lol.

I never know what to say to those people either. If they're not blinking - and you have the time, maybe yes?