Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Gala......

Well, my husband took the painted chair in to the workshop (he teaches tech at a high school) and, let me tell you-he finished it beautifully! He used an automotive car finish-very shiny, very hard (when it is finally cured), but applied thinly, so that the brushstrokes from my work were still there. This guy has the heart of an artist. But the chair glows-like from an inner light. This weekend, I will take a better picture of it- I will set it outside for maximum impact.
Now- about the date-and the winner is.....my husband. I asked my mother if she would like to come as well- her answer-"I don't think I would be comfortable going to a shindig that cost $25 just to get in." I said that I would spring for the ticket- but she felt it would be better to go and have a date with my husband. Okay, then.
And the wardrobe- I have been knitting like crazy-I have the back done and one of the fronts started. Of the kimono inspired sweater. I think I should be done by the time the 10th rolls around. I hope I will be done. I might have to pull an all-nighter to get it all done!!!!!!!! Picture will come when it looks more like a sweater.
And I don't want to bring my cane (I have walked with it for years)
Now to figure out my shoes.............................................................................................

1 comment:

Miss Scarlett said...

I can't wait to see the pics.
The chair sounds incredible!