Tuesday, February 06, 2007

No Sheep For You and SP 10

Oh I am so very very excited!!!!! I was over at Knitpicks, just snooping (my sister said that she just sent me a sizeable gift certificate to Knitpicks for my birthday- which is this Saturday- I will be turning thirty-eighteen) AND- I saw the new "No Sheep For You" book in the upcoming titles. AND (bestill my heart) they showed the inside pages- and there-on the first view, top right- MY DESIGN! My bathrobe. Way cool. I really like working for that group. Very very nice.
Now on to other news- I have signed up for Secret Pal 10 (I really enjoyed SP9). And here is the quiz........................................................
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Wool, silk, anything natural (as in from plants and animals) works for me. I love wool and cotton blends. And I would like to try some seacell. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? crunchy cheapo acrylics. I know there are some nicer acrylics out there, but I am still not real wild about them. I am also not a fan of that yarn that looks like it has jcloth and feather tags on it. Or fun fur. 2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Well, a tool box, primarily. I have quite a few. And my really nice ones are in a handblown glass jug. 3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I learned when I was a kid-knit my first complete sweater when I was about 14, and so that makes me a knitter for almost 40 years. Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Well, I design for money, and I like to try challenging things. 4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? nope, not currently. 5. What's your favorite scent? Well, I am allergic to just about anything, but I like light florals on me, spicy things for the air. 6. Do you have a sweet tooth? And the pope would be a Catholic person, yes? Favorite candy? White chocolate, coconut things, butterscotch. 7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? embroidery, painting (pictures, not walls) Do you spin?nope- not yet....maniacal laughter.......8. What kind of music do you like? blues, Christmas music Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? Yes- my car loves MP3s.(if your buddy wants to make you a CD)9. What's your favorite color(s)? Brights, as well as black Any colors you just can't stand? beige and ecru. 10. What is your family situation? husband and daughter- one of each One is 45, the other almost 9) Do you have any pets? Yup- Bear- the BGPH (Big Giant Poodle Head) 11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, yes, yeas and no (ponchos tend to look like tablecloths on a table on me- yeah, I got me quite a rack) 12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?Lately, anything for me. 13. What are you knitting right now? Um- a modular knit sweater, a scarf, a mitten, a glove, another sweater- I am a bit loosey goosey- very difficult to commit) 14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes- but useful things 15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? either Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Depends on what I am knitting 16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes, and yes- they both get a good workout. 17. How old is your oldest UFO? oh my- I actually have a sweater I started to knit my husband in our second year of marriage (hmm- around 1995) Then he said he really didn't like brown. 18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas. 19. Is there anything that you collect? uh- debts?20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? Yes- but I will make a list if needed- I could get quite embarrassing. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? just about all of them 21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Uh- continental? 22. Are you a sock knitter? Yup What are your foot measurements? I wear a size 10 shoe 23. When is your birthday? February 10th

This one should be fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the pattern! It looks very nice.

Diane said...

That robe is just charming! I'll definitely look for No Sheep to arrive.

dominiqueknitting said...

congratulations on your published pattern. I am going to check out the book pages right now !