Monday, May 29, 2006


Well, I am so close to my finished "secret thing" I can taste it. I did take a break yesterday and try out the fancy pants mitten from Knitting Nature by Norah Gaughan. You know the ones -with those way cool thumbs and stripes. I had read from other blogs that there were mistakes in the patterns, and I was kind of tired (had the weekend from hell-more on that when I feel like talking about it)-but I think we had more mistakes. Or else I was more tired than I thought. But check them out-way cool.

The one thing I am not sure I like, however, is the seam down the inside of the hand (as in along the Peter pointer and around Tom Thumb and then down to the wrist). I might try that part on dp needles. I used very much the same colours, except in Mission Falls 1824 wool (love that stuff, although it IS inclined to pill by times).(Oh- I reversed the colours as well).

Oh before I forget-if you have some nice fancy yarns, but just a few yards left-don't toss them out. Find a quilter and see if he/she is doing any embellishments on their projects. They can use those few yards to great effect. I wish I had taken pictures of my sister's purses-you would know what I mean.

Gotta go. Still need to sleep at some time in my life. (Ever notice when you are really upset, that you either can't sleep. or eat too much, or somehow do something that messes up the rest of your life? My "way to deal" is not being able to sleep. This is the third night). Later........

No comments: