Wednesday, May 17, 2006


Good news/Bad news?
Well, today I got my copy of "Big Girl Knits", with the prototype of the sweater I designed for the book. I love the sweater (okay-why would I design then knit this thing if I hated it?) And, for those who do not know me, I designed the "Whichway Funnelneck". The yarn is lovely-Filatura di Crosa 127 Print in a wine, with a variety of colours for the stripey bits. It is soft, knits up evenly-I love it so much that I have sweater quantities in black and in rusty red, and about 6 balls in lilac for a scarf. So far, this is all good news, right? Right. Now the bad. This sweater is not my size. When I got the specs for the model, I was asked to knit a sweater in about a size 16-18. And with shorter arms than I need. So, when I tried on the sweater (before I sent it) I felt like SWAMP THING! So-now what do I do with it? Sell it? Trade for it? Is anyone interested in it? let me know in the comments-

No comments: