Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The Homestead......






Lately, we have been working like crazy to tidy up and clean up the yard. I have noticed that now that we have a pool, there are many more requests for visits. Oh well- that's part of having a pool. I just want to make sure the yard looks nice. I don't have a bright green thumb, so my gardens will never be spectacular. But we manage. See for yourself! (sorry about the weed eater lounging on the swing-there should be a cushion there instead!)
I have taken on a challenge- the "Goddess Mystery Anniversary Shawl Knitalong". It is a circular pi-type shawl, and I wanted one with a bit of weight for the winter (love the look of a wooly shawl wrapped around one's coat!)so I went with Fleece Artist blue faced Leicester 2/8 (sort of a light fingering weight)in a hot pink/blue/greeny colour- I think it might be "Jester" or a forerunner of it (it has been marinating for quite some time in the stash!!!) But I am almost done Clue 3, and Clue 5 comes out on Friday. So I had better get cracking!!!!
I am not sure how to properly take a photo of it- I might take it off the stitches after Clue 5 and put it on a thread- just to look at it. I will take a photo then.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that those who will accidentally visit your site will not waste there time with this stupid topics.

Carrie Penny said...

Hey! I wish my yard looked half as good right now... We have a great patio and grill, but you can't use if for all of the brambles!

Saren Johnson said...

Wow, your yard looks amazing. Mine is full of weeds and pine cones.

Carol said...

I love the look of the circular shawls. Can't wait to see yours! In progress and done.

Bea said...

I think your yard is lovely. I love the bright flowers. And the water looks really refreshing :)