Monday, June 30, 2008

Summertime, and the Living is Easy........


First of all, Guides is finished for the summer, school is over (hurrah! hurrah!!!!!)(Annie's report card was good, thank you very much)


And my class built their solar cookers-we all cooked hot dogs on the second last day and had lunch. That was pretty cool. Sean had come in last week and taught the lesson and got them all started building the cookers.

The pool is now open- still a bit cool for my tastes (but the solar heating will go on it this summer), but you can see that Bear is slowly improving his stroke (still can't swim very well, poor dear).


And I finished up a little baby hat- the pattern is on line-email me/leave me a message if you want it. I made it out of a heavy dk/light worsted that had been gifted to me on a swap. The baby is a boy, and the mom didn't have any blue things, so I felt obliged to make something very blue. Great pattern, by the way.
And this is what happens around here when Bear wants to watch TV (I think it was an "Air Bud" movie- the crazy dog is simply mesmerized! Just like a little kid!)

And me? I got a new hair cut (along with relatively new glasses) I love the haircut, but you can imagine what my naturally wavy/curly hair tries to do!
Now- off I go to finish my housework, so I can work on the mystery shawl KAL! (I will try to post a picture when the shawl looks more shawl - like!)

Happy Summer Holidays!

4 comments:

Diane said...

Bear, u swimz in de giant water dish? Mebbe I try dat. U thinks Daddy let me snooz like dat? I try, looks comfy.

My turn, Gypsy...yes, I would like that pattern. Not only are some of Meg's friends getting married, but they're reproducing, too!

We're still contemplating summer plans around here. I have to work 20 days over the summer and there seem to be projects multiplying every where (but I can ignore them if I need to!).

Bea said...

Beawr!!! Uze really not spossed to do that!! You dwown. That what momz tellz us. We sink bottom. Not pop up. Everybody really sad. uze be very very careful! Maybe mom gets me and Gus a baby pool? I not like it much I think. Too scary.

(PS. I like your new haircut!)

Miss Scarlett said...

Kira can't believe her eyes! Does Bear really like that? or has he given up?
Loungin' on the human watching tv - that she'll get behind.

Love the new glasses and haircut!

Miss Scarlett said...

Kira can't believe her eyes! Does Bear really like that? or has he given up?
Loungin' on the human watching tv - that she'll get behind.

Love the new glasses and haircut!