Saturday, April 12, 2008

So sad.....

We have a very dear friend-she has been the daycare provider for Annie since she was about 3 years old. And she treats her "daycare kids" like they are her own! The day Annie started, I was asked what her favourite toys were, so M. made a point of buying a new version of whatever it was, so that Annie would feel at home (and believe me- this lady has LOTS of toys!!!) She stays well informed of new trends, developmental stages, and so on- so she also teaches "her kids", so they are ready for school. In the summer, since they have a pool, she teaches the kids how to swim and be safe. All in all, an absolutely AMAZING woman. She even has birthday parties for each child, with gifts and cake and balloons-utterly amazing. Anyhow, a couple of years ago, her son (she has 3 grown kids) and his long time girlfriend, decided to get married. Oh, much merriment. These two are so well suited for each other! Then, last fall, we heard that they were expecting!!!!! M. and her husband were beside themselves!!! (In fact, they even wished for twins, so that they wouldn't have to take turns with one baby!!!!) Pregnancy going well- mommy was well, all was going along just fine. The due date was around Easter, but, as with first time mommies, new baby wasn't co-operating. So, finally, after 2 weeks, baby started to make his entry into this world. But, mommy wasn't progressing, so a c-section was ordered. A healthy (or so we thought), although smaller than expected baby was born, and he was given the middle name of his new grandpa. That night, some problems. A trip to Sick Kids in Toronto. And the diagnosis- baby's bowels were too twisted and perforated, there wasn't even enough healthy tissue to try a surgical intervention.
Little Noah lasted 2 days.
My heart is broken for this family-if any family should have lots of babies, well, this is the one.
Hug your babies today.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how awful! I will indeed give my babies an extra big hug.

gaspe knitting gal said...

how sad , i know hoe they are feeling i will pray for them

Bea said...

Oh I'm so sorry. How horribly sad. I hope they are blessed with many healthy children.

Carol said...

oh jeez. I'm so sorry. Please pass along my sympathies.

Carol said...

oh jeez. I'm so sorry. Please pass along my sympathies.

Diane said...

I'll give my baby an extra hug. Will you pass along all our hugs to your friend for us?

froggiemeanie said...

That's so sad. My sympathies to you, your friend and her family.

Saren Johnson said...

(Hugs)

Samantha said...

Oh no, that is so terribly heartbreaking. I'm sorry for their loss of little Noah ... no one should have to go through that.