Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas!


Oh what a wonderful time we had!!!! Annie was a bit worried about Santa Claus- whether or not he was going to make it. But her faith in the big guy has been restored. What she really wanted for Xmas was a Nintendo DS ("Aw Mom-all the other kids have them- even their little sisters!!!!") And, since we don't particularly care for the electronic game mania, she was really surprised when one appeared under the tree!!!! And her comment? "Now I know there really is a Santa, because you guys would NEVER have bought one of these!"
Bear also had a fine Christmas- he got a large stuffed Santa- which he loves dearly, sleeps with and spends some "special quiet time" (umm-that's what we call it, but it just is quiet snuggle time when we want him to settle down after a wild play)(although it does sound somewhat naughty, but it isn't. Poor Bear does not understand "naughty").


I got some knitting done- I made an angora hat for the neighbour's little one. I will get a pic of her with it on-and describe it then as well.


Right now I am working on "Loppem" a Norah Gaughan design. I have some cherry red Lavold Angora- luscious stuff! And had planned on making one of her own designs with it. But to tell you the truth, I looked it up on Ravelry, and the various projects that were made showed quite a range of disastrous fitting errors. So I rethought my ideas.
I have more yarn than needed for this one, so I may rework the sleeves- go for a longer, 3/4 sleeve? We'll see. I also have 4 skeins of the yarn in a cranberry, so I may put the two together for a hat/mitt/accessory something.
Tomorrow, I am expecting Sean's family-so now I have to go and think about what I am serving for lunch.
Hope all of your celebrations have been happy-

2 comments:

Bea said...

Happy Christmas!! Sounds like your daughter is really lucky. I hope she enjoys the DS. And Bear too! (OH my goodnesh Beawrs!! I luvs your santas!! I shares with you? we gots no new toyses for Christmas.) Love the new sweater you are knitting.

Diane said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Gypsy sez that a cool Sandy Claws pillow. Other than catching up a bit around here (a bit more cleaning to do), nothing big going on. I'm enjoying the "freedom" of after holiday knitting...no deadlines any more! I'm thinking that I'll finish up the grown-up chores (like paying bills & cleaning) tomorrow while Gypsy is at the groomers getting boo-ful.