Thursday, November 29, 2007

Trials and Tribulations

Well, I thought I was being very clever and smart-I went down to the basement and dug through the winter things (some of which are like "deep winter" so don't come upstairs all that often) and I brought up some of Annie's things and some of mine and a hat of Sean's so we won't be cold. And I tucked Annie's stuff away in the drawers of the bench (where her stuff usually goes) and I tucked Sean's hat in the pocket of his coat. Anyhow, I had brought a plastic grocery bag with me to carry all the stuff back up the stairs. And my felted hat (it was so fabulous- perfect colour and fit), matching mitts and my leather gloves were in the bottom of the bag. So I tucked the bag just under the bench, thinking that I needed to clear out the last drawer on the bench before adding these things to the drawer. So far, so good, right??? But, as luck would have it, everyone and their dog called that evening, and then I had my school work to mark, so I didn't get at it until the next evening. Except. No bag. Nowhere. And Sean says there wasn't any bag there at all-only the garbage bag which he took out and added to the rest of the garbage as the truck was roaring down the street.
So now, I have a small bag of garbage, lovingly preserved in the house, instead of a bag of winter things for me.
Sean says he never saw a bag of mitts and stuff-and that all he threw out was a bag of garbage. And he will try to stand by that story , even when I am showing him that bag of preserved garbage.
But he knows.
And I am going to remind him of this right up until I opening my extra lavish Christmas presents. (I am really stressing the need for extra lavish)

Oh- and before I forget- I went to that baby shower (the one that said...."and looking forward to something knitted!!!!" on the invite) (eek!) And I finished the sweater about 10 minutes before I was supposed to get dressed. So no pics- just a really quick steam with the iron and off I flew-but trust me- very cute.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Oh no! Lavish and downright extravagant is called for, I think.

I got out mittens yesterday (even if I only have a paltry few feet to walk from parting lot to door).

Anonymous said...

How heartbreaking! Definitely lavish and extravagant material. Luxury of ostentatious proportions, even.

Saren Johnson said...

I'd keep it up all winter. Do the long sigh, I'd be warm, but some how my mittens and hat disappeared. Just to be mean...

Carol said...

Lavish is definitley the word. But don't leave it to chance. Tell them (and write it on a note stuck to the fridge),"I want such and so in this size and this colour and this many of them and you can get them at this place". Otherwise, hints won't be picked up on or they will be completely mis-interpreted. Trust me.

Carol said...

Lavish is definitley the word. But don't leave it to chance. Tell them (and write it on a note stuck to the fridge),"I want such and so in this size and this colour and this many of them and you can get them at this place". Otherwise, hints won't be picked up on or they will be completely mis-interpreted. Trust me.