Well, Arisaig is sitting in the marination chamber for a bit. I tried to use some vertical bust darts to add a little extra room for the girls, but I didn't like the way the lace looked. (If anything, it looked "clotted" along the dart) Not pretty, let me tell you. So now I am thinking that I will add extra rows from the high waist to the armpit, and then gather the side seams along that point- so extra boobage room will happen. Right now, I need to sit and think about it for a bit- just to see if there are other options. I actually considered a couple of different things- that I rip out all the ribbing on the main part of the body, do it over in lace, and use stocking stitch on the bodice. Then I thought, if I left the ribbing alone, and then knit part of the bodice in stocking stitch (the parts that go over the girls, like what a bra would cover, so I could work in the short rows) and then pick up stitches around it and make a wide lace border. Hmmm. Still must figure out the best way to go (for me). I don't want something that screams-hey-check out these hooters. But I want a good fit.
So, enter the Kauni yarn. It has been taunting me like crazy. But I need to make the sweater larger. It has a flare around the bottom, and you have to account for that. As well, you make an icord, and pick up stitches all along it (very tailored, very clever). So when I get the numbers sorted out, I will publish them. I am aiming for a finished 52 inch chest. However, my hips are smaller than that.
School is progressing-if I stay in my classroom, not going to the staffroom, I am much happier. I just don't know what is going on.