Monday, October 01, 2007

The gods are laughing their guts out

Here I was, happy as a clam, proud of my rainbow sweater-the Kauni one- and I had started the leaf pattern-and then I found it- I had made all the leaves facing the same way!!!! Could I live with it? No, I could not- so out it all came-right back to the ribbing. Do you know what it is like to rip back 2 and a bit inches of hard earned fairisle in skinny yarn- knit in the round for a large person's body??????? The gods are laughing at my fate.


So- I decided I needed a break- and Annie needed a hat for the eventual winter. I pulled out some gorgeous pale blue Rowan Polar- to make this-from last winter's Knitty- isn't it sweet???I had some variegated blue for the edgings. But nooooooooo. This child went rooting around in my bag of chunky/bulky weights-pulled out some bright orange (all wool, and very bright) that I got somewhere, and some lime green bulky Lopi- and so, I am making a hat that can be seen in the next county. I swear there is a bit of gypsy in that child's soul.
I might make a blue one anyway, since it is an easy, and self satisfying knit.
Ta!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

is annie her father child for color, orange, where is the purple?
rruby

Carol said...

On the bright side (VERY bright!), she'll be easy to spot when you are looking for her!

Diane said...

Yep, you'll be able to find her in a crowd!

Carrie Penny said...

Yeah, you never have to worry about losing her in a crowd... I know what it feels like ripping out like that... the shawl I have been working on was like that. I got done w/ the first chart and I had the wrong dec. through half of it. It will be okay! The fates will get their own...